Job Opportunity: Director, Dredging Contractors of America
Director, Dredging Contractors of America
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Salary: $100,000 -$125,000
- Location: Washington DC or DC Metro Area
- Remote: Yes
- Travel: This position includes some travel (<30%)
The Dredging Contractors of America (DCA) is a non-profit trade association based in Washington, DC, with a membership that includes large and small business companies that operate on the Atlantic, Gulf and Pacific coasts, the Great Lakes, the inland rivers, and in Hawaii and Alaska.
DCA is dedicated to advocating for industry interests and positions in general, and specifically to Congressional Committees, the U.S. Army Corp of (the Corps) and other Federal agencies charged with oversight for budget, contractual and regulatory issues impacting the industry, particularly authorization and funding.
DCA is a member of several organizations and works hand-in-hand with such groups as the American Maritime Partnership (AMP), the American Association of Port Authorities (AAPA), the American Shore and Beach Preservation Association (ASBPA), and the National Waterways Conference (NWC).
The Director will be responsible for day-to-day operations including fostering relationships with members and stakeholders and representing the association at industry events. The ideal candidate will have a background in government / lobbying related work, management, excellent leadership skills, and an understanding of and appreciation for the maritime industry.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director will be responsible for all management functions of the Association, including but not limited to:
- Oversee membership growth and retention, and development of strategies to enhance member engagement and satisfaction.
- Manage the association’s budget, ensuring financial stability and efficient use of resources.
- Represent the association at industry events, conferences, and meetings.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, including Congress Members, industry partners, government agencies, and other trade associations.
- Coordinate and manage the association’s events, conferences, and educational programs.
- Develop and maintain effective communication channels with members and stakeholders, including newsletters, website updates, and social media platforms.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and association bylaws.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in lobbying/government relation advocacy and/or policy experience.
- An understanding (or willingness to learn) of the maritime industry and its key players, trends, and challenges. Ideally, some familiarity with the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills (networking and relationship building).
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets.
- Experience in event planning and management. Ability to travel for industry events.
- Proficiency in the use of office software, including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree.
At DCA, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive work environment for all. If you are passionate about making a difference in an industry of vital national importance, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth, including:
- Competitive salary: $100,000 – $125,000
- Health insurance: Comprehensive health insurance plan including coverage for medical, dental, and vision care for the employee and their dependents.
- Retirement savings plan: A 401(k) plan, will be offered with immediate vesting.
- Paid time off (PTO): Directors are entitled to paid vacation to include vacation days and sick days.
- Holidays: This position observes all federal holidays.
- Professional development: Support for professional development may be provided. Examples of support to be considered include reimbursement for directly relevant training, workshops, or conferences, as well as membership fees for industry-related organizations as approved.
- Flexible work arrangements: Flexible work arrangement including telecommuting and flexible working hours, to help maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Life and disability insurance: Life and disability insurance policies may be available to provide financial protection for the employee and their dependents in case of unexpected events.
- Performance bonuses: Performance-based bonuses or incentives may be offered based on the achievement of specific organizational goals or targets.
How To Apply
Please complete an application on Indeed.
Please, no agencies or recruiters.